Somatic Cell Reprogramming
7-12 November 2014
This First CRG “Somatic Cell Reprogramming” course will immediately follow the CRG Annual Symposium. It will take place from Friday 7th until Wednesday 12th of November 2014 at CRG in Barcelona. This CRG course will teach participants how to derive and maintain mouse and human pluripotent stem cells (iPS cells) and reprogrammed heterokaryons.
Who is this course for?
It is mainly addressed to PhD students and Postdocs who are interested in the reprogramming field and who believe that this course will have a major impact in their scientific career. The course will combine both lectures and hands-on sessions with expert in the field.
It will be a unique opportunity for participants to learn, with experts in the field, the most challenging and state-of-the-art techniques, which they can apply later in their research career. They will highly benefit from the intense networking opportunities with international top scientists. Participants will receive personalized instruction that will enable them to master diverse techniques in the field of somatic cell reprogramming. In addition to the hands-on laboratory techniques (that will comprise the majority of the course), participants will also attend lectures given by leading scientists in the reprogramming field. This course will provide intensive training in the following steps:
- Preparation, purification, expanding and reprogramming somatic cells.
- Heterokaryon formation by PEG fusion
- Ian CHAMBERS, MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Edinburgh, UK.
- Thomas GRAF, CRG, Barcelona, Spain.
- Petra HAJKOVA, MRC, London, UK.
- Eran MESHORER, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
- Luigi NALDINI, TIGET, Milan, Italy.
- Angel RAYA, IBEC, Barcelona, Spain.
- Karthik ARUMUGAM, PhD, CRG, Barcelona, Spain.
- Laura BATLLE MORERA, PhD, CRG, Barcelona, Spain.
- Bruno DI STEFANO, PhD, CRG, Barcelona, Spain.
- Neus ROMO, PhD, CRG, Barcelona, Spain.
- José Luis SARDINA, PhD, CRG, Barcelona, Spain.
- Pia COSMA, PhD, CRG, Barcelona, Spain.
- Elias BECHARA, PhD, CRG, Barcelona, Spain.
Deadlines and Selection Procedure
Registration is now open. Deadline: EXTENDED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 22nd!! Click here to register.
Cell culture knowledge is required to participate to the course.
The course is open for 12 participants. Participants will be selected worldwide on the basis of their CV and motivation letter. Selected participants will be contacted by email during the last week of September and they will be asked to reconfirm their attendance no later than October 3rd 2014. They will also be asked to pay the registration fees.
Registration fees: 500 EUR. The fee includes participation in course, all the necessary tools to follow the course, didactic material, coffee breaks, and lunches.
There is the possibility for 2 grants that will cover the registration fees. These two travel grants will be awarded based on the cv and the motivation letter of applicants.
CRG – Centre for Genomic Regulation
Dr. Aiguader, 88
We acknowledge support from the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, ‘Centro de Excelencia Severo Ochoa 2013-2017’, SEV-2012-0208.
Members of the Board of Trustees